Re: RC: Starting from scratch

<<This is Marianne's response to a note I wrote her, suggesting her group
consider paying lodging and offering some riding to one of our more
experienced ride managers as a way of getting that assistance she was
seeking.   I mentioned Barbara McCrary as an example of someone w/extensive
experience  (oops, hope I'm not in hot water w/you, Barbara!  :-)    Anyhow,
surely some one of you savvy ride managers must be tempted to visit exotic
lands!>>

This is not impossible!  Lud and I went to Kauai (Hawaiian Islands, for some
who might not know) several years ago to assist a group of fledgling
endurance riders in setting up their first ride.  We actually didn't do much
of anything to help them as they seem to have had everything under control
before we got there.  Maybe they just needed moral support.  Anyway, they
provided horses for us and we rode their 25 mile ride.  They offered a 50,
but no one entered.  They wanted to test the waters on the shorter distance
first, I think.  We met nice people; it was a lovely ride and we had a lot of
fun and good memories to last a lifetime.  I probably could not have
persuaded Lud to go the Kauai as a vacation only, but give him a REASON and
we're off.....
I DARE you to invite us to Egypt!!  But be sure to contact us well in
advance.  Our "retirement" years (what retirement?) are so full that we have
to schedule ahead these days.  We're off on a study tour of China this summer.

Barbara