Power of the 'Net/Arab auction

I sent this to a friend in Frederick, next to Thurmont where the
auction that somebody posted on ridecamp was to be held:
----
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 08:11:18 +0100
To: Lynne Glazer <lynne@glazer.org>
From: Henry Heymering <horseu@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Fwd: RC:  Horse auction and help needed from MD  to WA

Lynne -

>In your neighborhood...

Is the internet amazing or what? <g>  We got word of this yesterday morning
(also internet), and went to the auction last night.  The Arab community
was out in force. <g>  The horses all looked to be in very good shape,
though the youngest was 17 ....

I didn't stay long enough to find out what happened to them, but I know one
of my customers was talking with a horse rescue person from York, PA, and
said that the rescue person said she'd buy them all if my customer would
pasture them until they were placed.... which she said she'd do.

Two horses were auctioned before I left.  A 17 year old stallion ($1000)
and a 27 year old mare ($350 ??!?)  ....  (which makes me think the killer
buyers were sitting these out......)

I'll let you know when I find out more.

    - Henry
Henry Heymering, CJF, RMF    <horseu@erols.com>
President, Guild of Professional Farriers
                http://www.horseshoes.com/theguild
BBS Moderator for "Farriers Helping Farriers" & "Farriers Helping Owners"
                 http://www.horseshoes.com