Moving

Well I have been off for a week.. ehh gads what a hell! Spent all of
Saturday last week loading crap up and low and behold my brother wants to
ride my horse. I suggested he ride Haley since she was slow and I could ride
Ansata next to him. Let me give you some background. He weighs about 300
lbs. Okay she has lifted more than that plenty of times. He last rode a
horse at a walk 9 years ago. It was my stallion (soon gelded) at the time.
He is 6'6 I am 5'8 I was told the stirrups were fine. I hate to say this but
there are sometimes you have to let bull headed people just do what they
want to do no matter what the circumstances.
I suggested letting her walk around the yard with me lunging her first. NOPE
NADDA NO WAY is HE going to look like a pansy! (exact words)
Okay just walk her around the yard for a few minutes.
NOPE he will be JUST FINE!
I gave a warning she is hot (meaning)needs exp rider
He will be "FINE Damnit let me ride her"
" I am serious she will go with you if you dont have hold of her"
I did ride her out before he got on her. the least I could do!
Last warning I gave "DO NOT!! LET HER GET OUT OF CONTROL! HOLD HER IN"
Last thought I had as she walked away..."Oh Crap"
At some point I wish I had lied and said she was not feeling good or off...I
saw my brother get on my horse and I saw my horse take off with my brother.
results...
Brother broken toe.. yep he got plastered on the ground at a nice high rate
of speed. Nope I could not convince him to wear a helmet. Nooo he was
holding the reins all wrong.. I tried to get him to let me lower the
stirrups on the saddle..
His thing was She just would not stop no matter what he did.....
My thought... Let me think when I last saw you on her you were digging in
her sides to hold on with your legs... You were leaning into her neck  and
you did not have hold on her reins..all of his body told the horse to run
like the wind and don't ever go back.
Ansata was fine after we got the saddle off her side. yep saddle went to the
side. The saddle sustained several bumps..oh well it is a cheapie anyways! I
plan to have hubby to get a me a new one in a couple of years.
his pride hurt but yet he swears I need to get rid of her...I am thinking
....Man she sure can flY!!!!!!!!!
I have many other move stuff to go around, I am still in the process.
Horses are coming tomorrow. I have to get ready for them and meet my father
in Alabama to bring them home.
Carla (move lagged in Kentucky)
Ansata (Geezz mom next time get me an EXPERT rider????gezzz)
Haley (oh yeah right leave me with the greenies!)
Rob (everybuddy is a horse rider!)