Shampoos/Conditioners

Title: Shampoos/Conditioners
on 5/18/00 10:58 PM, ridecamp-d-request@endurance.net at ridecamp-d-request@endurance.net wrote:

From: TddWil@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 21:48:01 EDT
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC:  shampoos / conditioners

What helps a rubbed out mane grow in quicker? (rubbed reaching thru fence,
not a skin problem) Just conditioners/oils or would a feed supplement help?
This is a flaxen mane and the hair is real fine and dry. Also, do any
shampoos actually whiten a grey horse? What about shampoo to enhance
color(without dye, like QuickColor)?
Just trying to keep these turned out critters looking spiffy for rides/buyers.

                                             Shelly in DE

Hi Shelly in DE . . .

Can't help with the hair growing problem you are experiencing.  I have quite the opposite problem with my husbands mare . . . what to do with all the mane!  She has so much mane that it flops on both sides of her neck and still looks great.

We do have a grey and a paint that is mostly white that can look dirty AFTER a bath.
My discovery: add a few drops of Mrs. Stewart's Liquid Bluing in the wash water. It turns those greys and whites gleaming clean!  Turns any shampoo into a whitener and it's much cheaper than the already prepared store show shampoos on the market too.  Give it a try.

Jeannie
Arroyo Grande,
California