Re: RC: Metabolic/lameness questions. Part I

In a message dated 5/16/00 6:21:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ribbitttreefrog@yahoo.com writes:

<< the vet noticed Classy's shoes had
 slid in the heel area so that the hoof wall actually
 extended over the edge of the shoe. ( >>

Heidi,

I had a very similar problem with my horse's front shoe last summer -- I
didn't notice that the shoe had shifted a bit to the outside, not supporting
the inside --- the inside wall of the front hoof actually grew down over the
edge of the shoe between shoeings.  The horse had a corn on that inside heel
where he wasn't properly supported by the shoe.
Good luck!

Nancy (who looks a lot more closely at shoes these days)
Md