Riding alone?

Hi All

    What do ya think - I have a five year old that has successfully completed
several 25 milers, very easily, and had lots of fun doing it.  We have always
run with another rider/horse.  I have recently started riding alone with him,
and while he is a little spookier, he does well.  We have done 2 to 3 hour
runs by ourselves, but I noticed he sweats more, etc. and appears to be a
little more worked up.  Here's my question - we have a 35 miler this weekend
with no buddy to ride with.  I'm sure we will be fine by ourselves, but am
concerned that he may use too much energy worried that he is alone.  Does
this make sense?  Lif - what do ya think?  Anyone else?  Did you notice your
horse is more  tired than normal when you were alone?   Hey Angie - any
helpful hints?

Thanks

Linda and Red Oaks Laredo
Memphis, TN