RC: slant load vs straight load

Good psychological underreading of the situation Tammy (I did not read the
original post, but . . .).  Reminds me of something a friend said to me, back
when I was looking for a new horse.  I'd searched for 7 months without buying
anything, because no horse I'd looked at seemed to match what I was looking
for.  Had looked at a pretty little bay mare, and while she didn't light any
fires in my soul, she basically did match almost every one of my criteria.
Was beating myself up over whether or not to buy her, and my girlfriend,
trying to help, asked, "well, let's look at this thing logically.  Start by
listing the pros in buying this horse. Okay, what's the first thing you'd
list about her on the 'pro' side?"
      I thought a minute, and then said, hesitantly, "Well, there's nothing
really wrong with her."    My friend stopped me right there and said, "I've
heard enough.  Don't buy the horse.  It isn't the one for you."  And I said,
"how can you say that?  We've not listed any other pros nor the cons yet!"
And she said, "Trish, when the very first 'pro' you come up with about a
horse is 'well, there's nothing exactly wrong with her . . .' then this is
NOT the horse to buy.  You want a horse who will light a fire in your soul .
. . who you say to yourself, 'I've just GOTTA have this horse!'"
     I took my friend's advice, and it proved sound.  Waited 'til I did find
a horse I just "had to have."  Have been happy with the decision. (Well,
except for all the times pretty David has tried to kill me . . .).  David
isn't perfect by any means, but you know . . . he still takes my breath away,
when I see him canter across the pasture . . .

<<     Sounds to me you have your heart set on at straight load.  Nothing
good
 was mentioned about the slant load in your discriptions.  So go with a
 straight load.
 Owner of a 4 Star, 4 horse w/LQ slant load & a 2 horse straight load.
 Tammy

Trish & pretty David,
Grand Blanc, Michigan