RC: cantering vs. trotting

In a message dated 1/14/00 8:28:37 PM Pacific Standard Time,
GoldenCMK@aol.com writes:

<< << My guy loves to canter over trotting and my daughters
  horse loves to trot. Does it all depend on the horse? >>

 We have the same thing here, my horse like to canter and hubby's like to
 trot. So I would like to hear more about it too. >>

Depends on the horse, and the efficiency of each gait can be gauged to some
degree with a heart monitor.

I do think it pays to spend training time improving the trot of those who
prefer to canter and visa versa, but it still pays to utilize whichever they
do best.

Heidi