RC: walk

elaine parker elainep@ufl.edu
Hi, I very seldom post to ridecamp, I'm too busy listening to all the good advise I find there.  Dr. Heidi sparked a response with her comment about the walk.  I've always, since long before I got interested in endurance, made a good, fast walk one of the criteria in my choice of horses.  It's comfortable, less stressful for me and the horse and still gets me there in good time.  I do trot a lot, but prefer a mixture of a fast walk, and slow easy canter.  It's what always worked best for the cow hunters here in Florida, so I'm probably just used to it.  Can't wait to see how well it works in the field of endurance.  Dr. Heidi, thanks for mentioning a neglected gait.  It gives me something to think about.

Elaine and Weeble