RC: sand sores

In a message dated 01/13/2000 8:23:28 AM Eastern Standard Time, DebiG54
writes:

<< Subj:    Re: RC:  sand sores
 Date:  01/13/2000 8:23:28 AM Eastern Standard Time
 From:  DebiG54
 To:    JWEAV@sc.co.contra-costa.ca.us
 CC:    ridecamp@endurance.net

 In a message dated 01/13/2000 7:40:16 AM Eastern Standard Time, DebiG54

 << Subj:   Re: RC:  sand sores
  Date: 01/13/2000 7:40:16 AM Eastern Standard Time
  From: DebiG54
  To:   JWEAV@sc.co.contra-costa.ca.us

  I had the same problem with a foal who was also suffering from pneumonia
last summer.  His hocks were so raw the abrasion was almost to the bone. My
vet, who was treating the pneumonia, cleaned and wrapped the hocks--of
course, the wraps didn't last long.  After a lot of trial and error, two
things finally worked--Dy's Liquid Bandage, which is manufactured by Advanced
Biological Concepts,and PATIENCE!  The liquid bandage does what it says.  It
covers the wound and protects it without bandaging.  I didn't scrub those
hocks daily either.  Just put the liquid bandage in the wound and leave it
alone.  Your horse will thank you for not causing him anymore pain.  It will
take a while for those wounds to close, though.  It's a tough spot to heal,
but it will heal if you keep up with it. ...Debi >>