RC: Re: A picture is worth a thousand words

Laney,

I haven't seen that piece of research, but it
certainly makes sense.  If the horse changes gaits
because of stressors (concussion, over-reaching &
soring tendons, etc), then it seems to me that the
heart rate <would> go up.

My old mare could do a rolling, "all day" canter at
about 20 beats/minute less than a trot at that same
speed.  I hate to admit it, but I had to ask her to
trot to give ME a break periodically.

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch
Bruceton Mills, WV

--- Laney Humphrey <laneyh@mbay.net> wrote:
>     I seem to remember reading an article reporting
> a study on heart
> rate and gait.  <SNIP>My memory is that the study
found