RC: Retail source of biothane

Ed & Wendy,

You might want to re-consider biothane billets.  I have a Wintec & I'm
guessing it's biothane, or something very similar used for the billets (it's
a nylon webbing covered by a smooth plastic type material).  The smooth
covering gets ripped pretty easily, esp around the holes you use most, and
then you get pieces of the plastic getting caught up in the buckles of the
girth.  I find this type of material for the billets makes it more difficult
to pull the girth up to the hole you want --- have to do the last 2-3 holes
from the saddle, which requires a very calm, obedient horse!  As my previous
saddle was leather, the billets were leather & I liked them better -- more
flexible & easier to get saddle tightened from the ground.
As I say, it may not be exactly biothane on the Wintec, but something similar
that rips up worse than biothane might.  Perhaps someone else on RC can give
more input.

Good luck!
Nancy
Md