Re: RC: Extended Trot

I don't think the point is whether we trot or we canter- rather it's to
do the most efficient gait for your horse for that terrain.

How do you know that? In most cases, as you put the miles away in
training your horse will tell you whether he prefers one or the other
and it may change as training progresses - so that in the earlier LSD
years trotting may be the gait of choice but later the horse is more
comfortable covering ground at a canter.

Tina