Re: RC: A picture is worth a thousand words (was: Up Hill orDown)

Hi Heidi
Terms can sure be misleading. We call the English Pleasure trot a Round
trot or say that the horse "pops" his trot. "Big" trot is reserved for
ground covering--- more hunter or "daisy clipping" as you say. Hal has
produced get that can be trained for English Pleasure when he was
crossed with mares who have that kind of trot, but it is not his natural
way of traveling. We have had several dressage trainers who have
commented that he has the ability to go Grand Prix level based on what
they saw him do; every kind of trot is covered in that discipline. I
just never had the time to pursue it. From now on I guess I'll have to
describe what I'm talking about. I still am confused, though, do most
endurance riders trot or canter for most of the ride?