Re: RC: weight division points

Steph
Although I disagree with changing the calculations, I believe the debate is
healthy.
However, after you get to read Randy's letter as published you may
understand my other concern. The present system was brushed off as a
"mistake" rather than a conscious decision by the board at the time (which
it was). We were told the board would be "correcting" the matter. I find
this cavalier attempt to change of one of the fundamental functions of AERC
rather alarming. Issues like this often seem to crop up just a few weeks
before the convention, not allowing time for anyone to think through all the
ramifications of change. As a current board member, please to do fall victim
to mistakes of the past. Rides for the 2000 ride season have already taken
place under the present system. Do not make a hurried decision to change
things without time for proper membership input. However well intentioned
this may be, it gives the appearance of trying to slip something by the
membership.
Nancy Mitts