Battle of the Giants

When I got online this evening I downloaded all my messages & starting reading them I realised what has been missing from my life for the last 2-3 days.  Yeah, you guessed it!
I thought that the Y2K bug had got Heidi & Tom, or Tom and Heidi, to make things fair.
Great to have you back guys, I was really worried for a while.  What would Ridecamp be without you?

I think the essence of the downhill thing, the bio-mechanics apart, is that too much of anything is bad.
Shouldn't a well-schooled, conditoned, endurance horse should be able to cope with just about any terrain at any speed?  Sure some are more naturally balanced than others, but I guess you just probably wouldn't want to train endlessly downhill at high speed.  I guess thats why when we start out on LSD with a horse after a rest period we trot UPHILL and walk DOWNHILL.
Winning is about risk-taking. Thats certainly how it is on major race rides here in France.  If you want to be in at the "kill" then you have to be prepared to close your eyes and pray.
So, thats where I'm going wrong!
Heather & DARRAR (if you would just let me Mum I could show you JUST how fast I can go, uphill, downhill, round the corners, if fact we could even skip the vet-checks.....)