Re: nike comercial

Although Lance was indeed riding for Cofidis (a French sponsored team) in
1996, he rode through several stages  of the Tour de France before dropping
out (as I recall, he pulled during one of the mountain stages in the Alps).
He was not "kicked off the team." Cofidis did terminate his contract after
he announced that he had been diagnosed with testicular cancer in October of
that year. It might seem cold of them, but I wouldn't be too hard on
Cofidis.  They need active riders on their roster and it was pretty clear
Lance wouldn't be active for a while, if ever again.

It is also true that none of the powerhouse teams (including Cofidis) wanted
to take a chance on him when he started racing again in 1998, a decision I'm
sure has led to some regret.  To their credit, the US Postal Service team
did take a chance and picked him up.  This last year has been an incredible
year for that team.  They've really got some great riders in addition to
Lance (George Hincapie, Kevin Livingston, Frankie Andreu, Tyler Hamilton...
and I see they've added Viatcheslav Ekimov).

Anyway, you are definitely right that it is really an incredible story and
Lance is an unbelievable athlete. I have no doubt that the whole thing is
movie material.  Don't forget Greg LeMond though.  He came back to win
another Tour after nearly being killed by a shotgun blast in a really bad
hunting accident.  These guys really are amazing. They can have all the
endorsements they can grab as far as I'm concerned.

Kirsten

Kirsten Price
splash@dakotacom.net
Tucson, AZ