Re: bits

>Sorry, I may of course be wrong, but I have always listened to the advice of
>our Classical Masters - Nuno Oliviera (Spanish riding school), Reiner Klimke
>(2 x Olympic dressage champion), Jessica Jahiel (dressage "aunty" of note),
>Sylvia Loch (author of "The Classical Seat").   If the French is not the
>mildest snaffle around - which is also legal for dressage - then what is?
>
>Tracey

Actually, the Mullen mouth snaffle (one with no breaks in it at all and a
slight round port) is milder than the French link...but not as effective in
being able to communicated to each side of the horse's mouth independently
since moving one side also affects the other side.  This info was explained
at a "bit" clinic by Jessica Jahiel on one of her trips out to the
PNW...who will be, BTW, delighted to find out she's included in the list
above.

Sue

sbrown@wamedes.com
Tyee Farm