Stifled?

I took my Anglo-Arab, Fog, to the vet today.  I wrote about her in a post
titled No Subject (DUH) and thought she might have a hock, or higher problem.
 The vet says he thinks it is a stifle problem.  She's a pretty rambunctious
girl, and has tumbled down hills, reared and fallen down (both with me) and
in general done things that could have caused a stifle injury.  The vet
recommends that I take her to WSU or Goldendale to be evaluated if I want to
spend lots of money, or give her a total rest for 60 days, with an
anti-inflammatory (aspirin) then try to bring her back slow.  I'm really
disappointed, as we were supposed to do her first LD Saturday.  She was going
to be my 50 miler.  My question is, has anyone brought a horse back for
endurance after a stifle injury?  This is pretty subtle, she doesn't move
lame, doesn't have heat in the joint, but the vet feels that the joint
capsule is slightly bigger that the opposite one.  Thanks for any help.
jeri (now what?)
fog (well maybe it hurts a LITTLE)