Re: RC: RACISM

At 10:50 AM 5/11/00 -0400, Barbara wrote:
This is a term that was used when people started illegally crossing the boundary rivers by swimming between Mexico and the US.  If someone knows otherwise, I am willing to be educated, but I think I have this right.

I too have always heard this explanation - but you know, when you look at the US-Mexico border, there really aren't a lot of rivers to swim across!  The Rio Grande is the only one that comes to mind - and most of the year you can walk across it.  Lif

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for your life
Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
fax: (561) 594-4609