Re: RC: Death Visits Ridecamp in the May EN!!!!!!!

"There but for fortune . . . ."
    Whenever I encounter someone being smug or judgmental about someone
else's horse being treated, I try to control my anger and disgust by
remembering about "endurance kharma"--if you do this sport long enough, and
if you are competitive,  your horse WILL suffer something because of your
screwup, and you WILL be humiliated--more than once.  The good horsepeople
(99%) are devastated, learn from it and go on.  (One of the things they learn
is not to be judgmental!)  That is one of the things I love about this sport.
    Dabney Finch