posting

sherry davis bsdavis@kansas.net (or) sbd@ksu.edu
Hello to all,
I'm new to this sport, but want to know about posting if you are
using a western saddle for long distance riding.  At a clinic
the speaker talked about posting and changing diagonals
frequently to keep the horse from over-developing one side, which makes
perfect sense, if you are using an english saddle.
This seems like a dumb question, but are you western saddle users
posting in a western saddle?  I've just switched over to using my
western saddle with my horse, and (duh?)
tried posting, but it just didn't feel
right.  So, tell me, how are all you western saddle users
keeping the skin on your calves and keeping your hinny
from going numb?
thanks,
sherry davis