enteroliths - vets?

Is there a way to tell if a horse has these? Can
you do ultrasound or x-ray for them? I would think
a full body physical might not be such a bad idea
for horses just starting endurance. I've seen some
knock down gorgeous horses that died suddenly from
an undiagnosed problem. Not wanting to become
paranoid or pessimistic - just cautious. I plan to
have fecal samples done on my horses this year to
make sure my parasite program is working - small
investment when you consider that every dollar you
spend on feed goes to the parasites first, then to
your horse....if there's any left over.....

Susan