Re: RC: Death Visits Ridecamp in the May EN!!!!!!!

Well said Nina.  Great post.  My feelings exactly, ditto, all that . . .

<<   Not that anyone needs me to defend them, but...I too have kept my mouth
 shut on this issue too long.  All of you people who are slamming Howard, I'm
 sorry, I have the ride results and my memory, and guess what, none of you
 were there!  As usual there are people on this list that tend to jump on
 others without facts.  Howard's horse got an ileus do any of you have any
 idea what an ileus is?  I will write what my medical dictionary says:  an
 obstruction of the intestines, cause by immobility of the bowel or blocked
by
 mechanical means.  This is what the horse was diagnosed with at the ride.
 Could it be caused by the ride, yes.  Could it had been caused by other
 reasons, of course.  Another ride a year or two ago had a horse at JD's ride
 with an ileus, it went to an Equine hospital where it refluxed for 3 days.
 It recovered but after an extended time, was attempted in endurance again
and
 exhibited mild signs of colic.  It is now a pasture potato.
   Did Howard ride too fast?  He said he did, and he has to live with it.
 Have any of you NOT ridden faster than you should?  I know I haven't, guess
 some of you are just really lucky.  It takes guts to go anywhere and admit
 you screwed up, could you do it?  I would have to think long and hard
 especially from some of y'alls responses.
   His picking on Angie. I never read a last name.  Did any of you assume it
 was another Angie?  Heck there are 3 Nina's in the SE.  I'm not saying it
 wasn't Angie.  I like Angie and have known her for years.  She is an
absolute
 hoot.  I don't recall getting pissed and having others jump in support of me
 when certain things that have been said in fun of me on this list.  I can
 list them if need be, and was mentioned by first and last name.  Not that
 they bothered me, I tend to take everything in humor, and sometimes tend to
 regret it.
   I too have sat holding a horses head and hoping for the best. Or holding
 the owner, sometimes they just have bad days, and can't tell you what's
going
 on.  I hope none of you have gone through this or ever have to.  Usually if
 there is treating going on, I try to be there to help (I can come up with a
 way to hang a bag from anything).    Roger told his story, as did Howard, to
 try to open some eyes, not some mouths!  Or in this case, not some
keyboards.

   Nina Gibson

Trish & King David,
Grand Blanc, Michigan