Halter alrenative

CMNewell reshan@deyr.ultranet.com
Too bad we don't get a "grass roots" effort going at Class A shows (at least
in the ammy classes) to show in a style that befits the breed and does not
cause physical detriment--hard to do when so many amateurs still show like
"big hair wannabes" and have their associated big hairs flouncing around
ringside "obviously" coaching so that the judge knows whose student is
which...
==
I think the grassroots is taking the form of the new sporthorse in hand
classes, which by  all accounts, have been popular where they have
been introduced. (We've put them into the New England show for
this year.).
In these, the horses are evaluated and given scores, and are not
expected t behave like bloomin' idjits in order to display "presence".