American River Ride

Carol kamikazearabs@ca.freei.net
I wrote Bruce Kranz about the Americam River Ride problem,
who in turn forwarded it to Larry Froley, the Chief Ranger
of that park. His response was "California State Parks
provide designated camping areas for camping purposes. It
is standard policy (as evidenced by overflow and
enroute camping) to require campers in non-designated areas
 to be self contained. This maintains the aesthetics of the
park experience. The event sponsors were made clearly aware
of this and hence violated their permit conditions. They
were also told we would take enforcement action where
we observed violations. Apparently they didn't pass this info
on to the participants (again). We have discussed these
problems with the oganizers for at least 6 years. We
do apologize for the inconvenience toindividuals, and I
will investigate any instances of improper behavior by my
staff. Whether or not this jeopardizes the future of this
event is in the hands of the event organizers. Thank you
for your feedback." Larry Froley, Chief Ranger If anyone who
was there would like to respond to him his e-mail is
lfrol@parks.ca.gov