Great ride Great reads!

Great reads on the Biltmore.. Wish I could have been there. Angie must have
been a great smile It sure has chased some rain away around here!!
Had a great ride today myself. I actually cantered Anstata! I would honestly
believe on a good day she could beat that fukusiakimackawhichiewhatseewhosit
Pegasus! That won the Ky Derby! Yep the way she was cantering for me today I
would feel that she was really extending herself to go into  a hard run.
Can't say I blame her. It has been a few months since we have cantered or
Hard galloped. She was all geared up too. We used our NEW Easy Care Easy
Ride Stirrups that Rob got me for my Birthday (also got a lovey doz pink
roses). Thank you RCers for the info for him!! I got the plastic ones with
cages. I hardly had any foot problems or knee problems.. I did exp some left
toe numbness. and my right knee cramped a little but that is just my body
design for now. We are still recooping...
Haley was cantering with us too. We rode in the horse pasture for a while
till I felt I had some courage to get out and get into the old riding field.
I can honestly say that Ansata has a great show canter.. a QH show person
would be very green I would bet we were going about 5ft per minute. =oD I
was really haveing to work her to slow it down lots of whoa damn yous here!
tons of Easy damn yous as well.
We rode around the other pasture we had a little problem with tack so I had
to get off and readjust all that. a rein problem. She would take a step
forward while I was adjusting tack so we would back up three to her one. She
hardly would settle down I think she was just happy to be out on her own
with out having Haley to bother her. She wasn't sweating to hard but I
sponged her off for good measure so she would get used to it. Hey she pee'd
with me on her back for the first time too! I was soooo proud!!!! WE stopped
and I let her eat some fresh clover!! I watched carefully to make sure we
didnt loose any rein or get some of the rein under the feet!!I am trying to
work her into an extended trot she has it but won't stay in it for long till
she does that show canter thing again.. Oh well with time she will do well.
Oh I got a great Bday present from my dad and mom they are going to build my
fence for me at the new house.!
I was just happy to have a wonderful ride and feel that we are getting
somewhere with bonding with Ansata and riding to wellness as well..
Yes Angie it was a wonderful weekend!
Carla (sitting on top of the world!)
Ansata (bring that fukasakihootsewhatzit pegasus on!!!)
Haley (is that a new feed supplement Ann?)
Rob (who is excited over his 81 today playing golf)