Re: RC: BITS: to Tracy

> If those don't work  then I'd try a hackamore.
> Not one of those 9" shanked bike chain nose band jobbies
> you can break their nose with, but
> maybe a 6"-7" shank, with a flat linked chain curb strap, wide leather
> noseband.

If you do decide to go with a short-shanked hack, it can be hard to find an
inexpensive one. Running Bear Farm carries a very nice aluminum model, but I
think that may be too expensive to get for an experiment in bitting.
Congress Leather carries the exact same thing, in a plated version with a
wide fuzzy-backed leather noseband for around $20. Yes, they fall apart
after a year or so, but if it worked, you spend a little bit on just the
noseband in biothane from Running Bear. If it didn't work, you are only out
$20 as opposed to nearly three times that. And the nosebands from Running
Bear come in COLORS!

Good luck, Tracy!

Maggie Fleming
Bubba--I have to have the 9" jobby
Secret--Hey! That's MY bit she's talking about!