RE: Show Horses

Barb Peck bpeck@together.net
from Barb Peck
bpeck@together.net

:CMNewell wrote:
:The Regional and National halter ring is essentially one of
:the most corrupt aspects of the Arabian show scene currently,
:and if your horse is not led in by the right trainer,
: or you aren't being coached from the rail by said big hair
:in the AOTH classes, and if your horse isn't by Ibn Hot
: Stuff, you have very little chance of acheiving that.

This is a very true statement.

I put National Arab Halter training practices ("cosmetic surgeries" and all)
right up there  (I mean right down there) with TW "Big Lick" shows.

Of course, I include in this sorry bunch, the QH halter horse
people, who are breeding those bulked-up unearthly looking
animals.

I think when humans stopped using horses & mostly just
started looking at them,  we started to screw the breeds up.

Barb