Re: RC: RC: Show horses

In a message dated 5/8/00 12:51:25 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
michrowe@frontier.net writes:

<< I am simply advocating not bashing a class of horses as a whole.
Apparently
 my point is lost in this forum.  I give up, I must be wrong.

Don't give up.  And as far as being "wrong", I don't believe it's a matter of
who's right, or who's wrong.
    In my experience in the show world, it wasn't so much how the halter
horses are built as it was how they were raised from weanling to say, three
year old and how that methodology translates into whether a particular halter
horse can ever become a relaxed, willing partner (in whatever performance
endeavor.)
    I have seen, and been bested, by horses in endurance who didn't have
perfect conformation, but somehow, a management system for that particular
horse was implemented and applied that keep them going and going.  That is
wonderful.
    But when the mind goes from years (note plural) in the show world, well,
an effective 'management system' is harder (not impossible), but harder to
come by.
    The earlier a horse leaves the halter world, I believe, the better.
    So, pluck on,
          Frank.