Olymoic Equestrian Coverage

Ray O'Donohue rno2m@virginia.edu
  In contacting the broadcasters,one might also request less "personal interest/touchy-feely bio" and more camera coverage of the events,proper.A recent network segment on barrel racing contained NO footage of a horse and rider during a barrel run at actual speed,but plenty of slo-mo,music,interviews,and feminist rhetoric.The obligatory slo-mo was ,of course, for "artistic effect" rather than to provide,God forbid,any factual info.I'd love,just once,not to be told how an athlete FEELS after winning,losing,breaking a finger,etc.As a Field Trial rider,I have much to learn from almost any riding discipline.So far,the networks haven't helped much.