organ donation:

I just want to say that you are right in that organ donation is a "gift".
I have a husband that needs a kidney. I also work in surgery so
know all of the requirements of this donation.
We have had many education credits on this issue.
Do you know that a organ retrieval team CANNOT take any of your
tissues unless your FAMILY agrees to it. Even if you sign that card there
must be total agreement. Soooo talk to your family talk to your nearest
friends
Make your feelings on the subject known. It is like having a Living
will.(only with that
you should have a lawyer help you with that.) only this is part of your
death will (to use
the word loosely).
I want to let you know that even if you don't qualify for Organ donation
you can for tissue
donation. These could range from bone for Orthopediac surgeries where
there are
severe bone losses to skin for skin grafts on a severely burned patient.

So again think and talk wisely and do approach your family about it.(
Either way)
Pat and Razzel in Kansas