Compiegne 3. update

 Hi group,

never before I had such a bad information on a pre-ride for a World Championship. I had to ask, ask, ask... I left the third VG 20 minutes ago, it's now 2.50 pm local time. Sorry, but no further info about the USET. 13 eliminations till I left the VG with ~2/3 of the riders arriving there. Many french riders eliminated and one from Brasil, Jose Marino. I am now looking here in the fourth VG for the Top Twenty and then I will go to the finish. Haven't met some people from USET to clear up the eliminations, but will try on. Next update will be from the finish with a list of the Top Ten (if possible...). I guess the weather (very warm) and the ground (hard ground with a steady slight up and down) will take their tribute. The head of the race is now dominated by french riders, followed by Hassan bin Ali. I expect less than 50 % of the riders to finish.

More coming soon (I hope some more info about USET),

Wolfgang.