Re: RC: Self contained campers

guest@endurance.net writes:

<< Unfortunately that was not good enough. Several
 people had porta potties in their horsetrailers.
 They were looking for real RV type accomodations.

 And again...this is way off the point that it should
 have never happened in the first place. RMs knew about
 the situation and chose to ignore it. What more
 is to be said???? >>

"Chose to ignore" is pretty one-sided.  More like did not address adequately.
 The "what more" has been said several times, so no point in repeating it.

As to self-contained--had ride management sent me a great big memo saying I
had to be self contained, I would have happily driven down with my gooseneck
with homemade LQ which contains a portapotty with more than sufficient
capacity for the weekend and the little hose and collapsible 5-gallon
container that hooks onto the outlet of my sink.  Fits virtually every
definition of "self-contained" I've ever met, and I've stayed in some pretty
"urban" places in that thing!  Gol-lee, I'd've been thrown out on my ear,
right along with the rest of the folks who were told earlier that they met
the definition in the daylight and got thrown out in the middle of the night.

Once again--the fact that the RM may not have done exactly right still DOES
NOT excuse this sort of raid!

Heidi