Re: RC: LDs and 50's

Now Howard, go back and read your post about the Far Out Forest. LDers
have it pretty dog gone good. They get to sleep in. They get to tack up
in the daylight and most are still finished by lunch!

If you remember at the FOF, the LD's were started with the 100's in the
dark and the 50's got to sleep in, tack up in the daylight and have a
more relaxed start. Boy I have never heard so many LDer whinning in my
life. Most were whinning about those idoit 50's catching up and running
them into the woods!

There is really no real good way I can think of to the handle this.
There are racers and turtles in both distances and the racers will catch
up and pass the turtles. Seems that separating the starts by an hour
works pretty well in keeping them apart on the trail. One other
situtation to explor would be to start them at the same time and run
them different loops first. Of course that would have maximum impact on
the vets.  At Hahira last Nov, the LDs were started 90 minutes behind.
The front running 50's actually caught the turtle LDs in the last 5
miles.

The the long run a bit of courtesy and common sense has to be part of
the answer.

Cheers
Truman

--