Stookey Stampede

I kept thinking someone would post about what a great ride this was, but
guess I will have to take matters into my own hands!   The Stookey Stampede
was held near Bend, Oregon over Easter weekend.   Excellent organization by
ride management, great trails w/fine footing, plenty of water, experienced
vets.   Evidently the previous year trails were steep and rocky so the ride
was re-routed, and a fine job it was, too.  Only problem was my over-anxious
plunging pulling tugging horse and it is soooooo hard to find a way to blame
that on ride management!  Big turnout - I heard over 80 riders in the 60
miler and also a large group in the 30 miler!   Big fun!   I'd recommend it
for next year.

Pat Farmer