RE: Fw: Getting Pulled

This is from Bob Morris, ex AERC Director, ex member of the Rules Committee
from its inception, ex member of the Education Committee and general SOB who
is not afraid the address the general membership on any forum be it the net
or the General meeting at the AERC Annual Meeting.

I do not necessarily agree with the comments and rationale of Vonita. I
question the following:

There is the logical reasoning that person repeatedly having trouble with
not completing rides successfully could need some assistance. It may be as
simple as suggesting a dietary change or as complex as a horse (s) not fit
for the sport.

we want?<<<<<<
The shame occurs only if the person is ashamed. This is an emotion that is
personal and not public ally inflicted.

were> before.<<<<

Ah yes, perhaps the influence of the person being identified will assist in
more accuracy. if it is incorrect we anticipate the person will care enough
to insist on correction.

>>> There are no guidelines for the pull codes.  I have asked Dr.Barnett for
a set of guidelines for RM's and Vets to use in determining pull codes.<<<<

Dr. Barnett should not have to be asked. The Vet Manual was just published
and should have contained same. That is, if the Vets care about it. It is
one of the duties of the vets to record (or have recorded) this information.
(see Veterinary Guidelines VIII and I Post ride veterinarian Report)
and  develop a set of guidelines so that the stats can be accurate.<<<<<

I recommend that we continue to report the non-finishers as is being done at
the present and see what results we obtain. The names are important as well
as the name of the horse. Otherwise any data is completely blind and
worthless.

>>> what is gained by listing names?<<<

The attention of those named and I would envision more accurate information
there-from.

Bob Morris
Morris endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID