Re: RC: American River ride

At 09:55 AM 5/2/00 -0700, David wrote:
>I kind of doubt you're going to get much support for being drunk in the
>park. Even if these rangers are overboard...

Um - what about that little thing called probable cause?  Do we give up our
rights just because we're camping out?  How would the rangers know that
people they woke up were drunk?  How could anyone determine if sleeping
people had been drinking?  Was there *really* any reason to do "bed check"
at 11:30 p.m.?  Weren't those same rigs there a few hours earlier, say at 8
pm?

Hey CA people - how about the names of some of your Congress people for us
to write to?  Who wants to camp in CA parks if the Gestapo will be waking
us up in the middle of the night?  Lif