Re: CREW

Way to go John!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!! Excellent job. :-))))))
   Now, to your pit crew questions, here is a list of what to expect in your
pit crew.  Not necessarily in any specific order.
1.  smart enough to follow directions to each stop without getting lost more
than once (maybe twice) and can actually drive a vehicle, or be good at
bumming rides.
2.  reliable enough to show up.  Showing up on time is a tremendous plus.
Especially if they can show up "before" the race begins!!! <bg>
3.  responsible enough to get all of your gear to you at each stop.  A super
plus is a crew that will have your gear, water, feed, blankets, people food,
sponges and drinks ready for you when you get into the vc.
4.  a helpful crew is one that can take your horse and unsaddle it, blanket
or sponge it (whichever is called for) mix feed mashes, groom it,
electrolyte it make it feel good and know when to leave it alone.  A good
crew can do all of the above and feed you too. They will do all of this on
very little if any sleep too.

5.  An :"awsome" crew is one that can do steps 1 thru 4 while you sit back
and eat and rest knowing your mount is in capable hands.  And....most
important of all.  They will do all of this plus take abuse from you (we all
get nervous and cranky at first)  for absolutely no payment whatsoever.  And
be dumb enough to do it again and again and again!!!
        Hope this was helpful to you. :>)    gesa n clovis n sky
p.s.  CAUTION:  having a pit crew can be hazardous to your social and/or
family life if not used with care!!