Re: RC: Re: Grass before a ride

Karen,

My horses have competed for several years in 50 milers while "subsisting" on
solely pasture from April thru October.  They have no problem maintaining
weight.  I had no idea there might be a problem with their pulse dropping if
on grass, and they have excellent recoveries, (usually down in 2-5 min) and
have several top 10's on OD, Cosequin, yadda, yadda, yadda.
Maybe there's a difference between western pasture & eastern????  My pasture
is bluegrass & fescue, no clover or weeds (hubby is a bit of a fanatic --- I
suspect he thinks he's maintaining a golf course, not a pasture).  I've
noticed the horses' firstchoice is the bluegrass --- they eat that down first
during the winter.

Nancy & Tempo (who loooooves his grass, and looks it!!)
Md