Re: RC: Getting Pulled

In a message dated 4/28/00 6:35:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time, EquesB@aol.com
writes:

<< As in Rider B gets to the VC, decides horse is not going to be able to
 complete because horse is lame/exhausted, so Rider B takes card to RM and
 says I'm pulling because I have a migraine!  If all horses entered were
 subject to a vets exam, similar to a finish exam, then the data would be
more
 beneficial to all.  >>

Although it is not a "rule" that has always been my own policy.  I suppose it
doesn't get done when ride vets are less veteran and less "into" the sport,
unless management instructs them to do so.  But it is a rare "RO" in this
area that does not get at least a cursory exam to make sure the horse is
really ok.

Heidi