Log Book...

Hi,

     I find this idea extremely intriguing.  Where can I find more
     information on an endurance log book?  How many riders keep their own
     version of this, writing down conditions of the trail, weather, and
     pull or completion info in a central source?  If a standard one sheet
     form could be made, what would you put on it?  Could I give this form
     to a vet at the beginning of the ride to record their comments, or is
     this type of information on the vet card?  Do you get to keep your vet
     card at the end of a ride?

     I know endurance.net has the distance riders journal, but I was
     thinking more of a sheet you could take to the ride to record all
     kinds of other stuff.  (And I guess since I've never seen a DRJ, I'm
     not sure what's in it.)

     Would you want to record other management type info, like the type of
     food served and completion awards, ease of access and regress from
     camp, location and safety of finish line, etc.?

     I think this would be very helpful to riders, especially newbies like
     me, because I could go back year after year and see what rides I do
     well at and which I should skip in the future.  I'm envisioning simple
     things like a note which says the ground was so hard you couldn't use
     tent poles which would make it easier to prepare for the ride in
     general.

     Kenzie & Zane (4 days and counting to shoes :D
     Birmingham, AL
     http://kenzie_k.tripod.com/zane.html