Easy boots

Hi, just wondering if anyone has a way to make the easy boots last longer when
used over shoes.  I like to use rim shoes for better traction on the grass when
I train in my pastures and like to use the easy boots when training on gravel
roads and rocky trails.  The rim shoes sure wear out the bottom of the easy
boots in a hurry.  Was thinking of using silicone around the inside of the
bottom of the boot where shoe would go.  I don't want to use easy foam for just
a short training ride but do use it when I do multi-day rides or rocky 50's.
What kind of shoes do you use when you use easy boots a lot?  I've found the
wide web works best but they are sure slick on grass and mud.  Just like the
easy boots are.  Thanks for the info.  Happy Trails,  Kathy