Re: Leg wraps

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jasmine Cave" <toppere@siu.edu>

> Back in the pony club days we used to poltice the legs and wrap after a
day
> schooling a cross country course. It added support to tired legs and the
> poltice had a soothing affect. We usually used Uptite brand as it comes in
> both small and large containers and is affordable so a small container and
> some wraping material could always be kept in the barn just in case. > >

You folks remember a post on leg wrapping some time ago, that compared the
process of poulticing with clay, and covering and wrapping with several
layers to the process of clay-baking a chicken?  Think about it-if the leg
is hot, and you put a
poultice on, then wrap, where is the heat going to go?  Seems best cooling
is to use ice, cold water and AIR to aid the evaporative process, which is
what you want in the first place.

Karen