Re: RC: Re: Tack

At 06:55 PM 4/27/00 -0600, Sandy wrote:
actually it comes from the OLD Latin verbage---tackum, tacki, tacko, tackitis, tackanum..tackoribus....they never did figure  out what it meant in English...but they kept on conjugating it anyway...then one day a fisherman spilt the entire contents of his tackle box...and a magic frog inadvertently ate one of the spilt flies...and turned into a SADDLE.... and from that time forward the frog-turned saddle was affectionately named TACK

It is comforting to know that we have people on Ridecamp who can answer all our most important questions.  This is an excellent, well thought out and clear statement about the origins of the term "tack".  In the future we should all remember this post and use it as a guideline for our Ridecamp responses.  Thank you Sandy - Lif

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for your life
Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
fax: (561) 594-4609