Re: The story of Cairo's 50 km

Maryanne:   Thanks for a great story!!  I was wondering about your ride and was
tickled to see your story in the mail.  I hope the 100 km race is successful;
sounds like you have some great volunteers already.

I ran a CTR several years ago in the summertime of East Texas (high heat and
humidity.)  My daughter had a bunch of her college friends show up for the
weekend.  I drafted all of them, and they helped run water and ice to the riders
and horses at the rest stops.  Teen agers and young folk will pitch in if they
feel needed.

Since you know you are running the next show, you will be able to have it all
totally organized with (hopefully) no last minute surprises.  But remember
Murphy's Law and all the Corollaries---they all apply when managing rides.
~very big smile~

Gretchen Patterson
NATRC, R4
Spanish Mustangs For Distance Riding