Training ride (The Dragon and The Rocket!!) long!

Well, we're working on manners now! Wanting to start the
season off safely and soundly. The problem is, we're riding
the HORSES FROM HELL!!! They're names have been changed,
because they need to be! The Dragon, (aka Mighte El Donte)
the once peaceful and serene 14.1 gelding, 15 years young,
gnashes his teeth and strains against those reins at every
possible moment! I swear I saw smoke from those distended
nostrils! That bareback pad did not give me any peace of
mind yest. evening! My reins were slipping and as I slid my
right hand up the rein to get a better grip, I dropped it
and "They're off, flames singeing the nearby forest" thank
goodness it was all uphell (I mean hill! :) The Rocket,
(aka NV Classy Bey) was focused, his prime directive was
get moving and don't stop, not for ANYTHING! His rider had
a saddle, thank goodness! Spring has sprung and the boys
are feeling randy! We really did work on manners! I
promise! We split up occasionally, The Dragon got to see
his brother trot off into the distance, only to be forced
to walk (yeah right, more like canter/trot in place, still
gnashing those teeth quite furiously now!) and then circle,
stand, back, etc. until some sort of semblance of control
was obtained. I think if you were in front of us and turned
around and looked, we'd look like a purple blob (that would
be me! sitting on top of a huge set of horse teeth with
both sets of lips curled back and those huge arab eyes
smoldering in anger!) We worked on drinking at every
available puddle, boy were they thirsty! Stopping for grass
bites every now and then. (Classy, I mean "The Rocket"
tends to forget to do that stuff, so we're really working
on him taking better care of himself - he got a B+
yesterday!!!) Arriving at home, we passed the barn (Hey
mom, stop, where are we going now!!!! More gnashing!)
visited the neighbors for 30 min. and then finally home and
hay and rolling! (Did I mention they are both Bask
grandsons! Sorry, couldn't resist! There's a little CMK in
there too!!)

=====
Heidi-aerc#M20935  /\_/\~