ear plugs

I thought I had heard of just about everything until I was going through this SSSchneiders Catalogue and found an add for earplugs for horses..."Foam corks that go safely in the horses ears to aid in clipping, trailering and bathing.  Also helpful during trail riding, hunting and at noisy shows.  Sizes:small, medium, large." Has any one out there ever heard of such a thing??? I just can't imagine my horses standing for having something foreign like that put in their ears. I suppose if one of their pasture pals was an obnoxious snorer they might go for it.!