Re: problem mare

----- Original Message -----
From: <Pamnetus@aol.com>
To: <ridecamp@endurance.net>
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2000 6:21 PM
Subject: RC: problem mare

> I have a mare that I can let anyone ride.  She is great with kids,and does
> anything you ask with no problem EXCEPT on a ride she pins ears back and
is
> positively horrible when another horse passes.    Have tried all I can
think
> of to get her out of this dangerous habit.  She is not competitive

I have this mare's twin sister.  My most steady mare to put beginners on,
but this really awful habit of the pinned ears and nasty face.  I made a vow
to personally ride her (as opposed to the kids) with strange groups of
horses.  I carry a heavy crop. and threaten, growl and smack her EVERY time
she exihibits this type of behavior.
She IS getting better.

Karen