Re: Breeding shed manners

Well said.  I read an article by an English lady in a magazine.  She had a
Trakehner Stallion whom she used to event, hunt, dressage and breed with.
He boxed in company with mares and geldings, and was turned out all day in a
paddock.  The only privilege accorded his entire status was that he was not
turned out with mares, but could touch them and their foals over the paddock
rail.

He once serviced a mare, and then rested in his stable for an hour before
going on to have a half-hour dressage lesson, wherein he behaved impeccably.
He knew the difference between the stallion halter (for covering) and the
everyday halter.

I have a friend who is one of our top showjumpers and breeders of Warmbloods
and Thoroughbreds.  Her young TB stallion will not cover a mare unless he is
turned out with the mare for at least two days so they can 'get aquainted".
Wish some men behaved as well...

Tracey